Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Watch Out! Time Flying Below

Sam and I had our first date 10 years ago this past Labor Day. Our first date was jet skiing at Deer Creek in Utah. We appropriately (and accidentally) celebrated the 10 year anniversary of this date by jet skiing again at Lake Badin. We all enjoyed a great day boating and jet skiing with the Connor family at their lake house. The first photos below are from our first date. We didn't take a photo together then (busting out the camera on a first date for a couple's photo would have been a little too embarrassing for me.)

1997



2007


Sam says this picture makes him want to go running right now. I still think he looks great.

Below is one of two of the best changes that have come during the past 10 years


Yes, Reed is skiing inside the boat. He hung onto the rope for dear life the whole time and told me, "I think this is a rocket boat".


Reed loved being crazy with Julia. They spent most of the time running in circles and jumping off the dock. Thank goodness for life jackets!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I totally remember your first date...Sam was very excited and told all of us about it. Yeah for ten years and two cute boys!

Nancy said...

I don't think you two have changed that much. Lindsay is even prettier and Sam is even more smitten, but 10 years have been wonderful to you two. We will never forget the excitement about that first date in the retelling by Sam. If I believed in love at first sight or love at first date, this would be my example. Congratulations you two and now we have your two great sons too!

Lacey said...

I remember that first date - Harmon and I were there! I can't believe it's been 10 years. You guys look the same.

Ashley said...

Only the Mossimo hat would give the dates away on the pictures. Did you plan the anniversary event or was it just coincidence?

Megan said...

That's really fun that you repeated your first date, and I think you both look great still. We miss you guys! Why don't you move back to Utah?