Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Monday, November 3, 2008

Politically Active

It's no secret to anyone that this presidential election process has been a long one. As lengthy as it has been Sam and I have mostly just tried to ignore it (after Romney dropped out that is.) We don't watch politics and we don't talk politics.

However, despite our disregard for the happenings leading up to this election, Reed has been very aware and by far the most politically active member of our family. I guess he's heard enough radio ads (even though I turn them as fast as I can) and been counting yard signs long enough to feel like he needed to take a stand. About a month ago he wanted to know why we didn't have a yard sign and decided to take matters into his own hands (see below).

The election has even become part of his favorite game---role playing. A couple days ago he said, "OK mom I'll be be McCain, you be Sarah Palin and Max will be Obama. As soon as he "became" McCain he got a worried look on his face and said, "I'm concerned....I'm concerned that people are not going to vote for me." He's a very observant and in-tune boy. The other day I slammed on my brakes when he shouted "STOP"! I was alarmed until he told me to turn around because he thought he saw Obama pushing a cart into the grocery store. (maybe he's not that observant after all).

No matter what happens tomorrow I'm glad I have this boy to keep me laughing.

9 comments:

grandmother said...

Thanks for the post i needed a laugh on the eve of election day.

Unknown said...

OK, Reed is seriously the cutest and funniest little boy ever!! (besides Luke, of course :))

Whitney said...

Reed is so funny! I still laugh about the phone conversation we had where Reed said he was concerned that Matt was going to vote for Obama, I assured him Matt was not.:)

Sarah said...

He sounds like a fun boy! Bridger constantly talks about McCain and Obama too. Love the sign Reed put in your yard. I'm sure he's swayed a lot of people!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! Go Reed! I am just sad that our candidate lost:(
Another 4 long years!

Megan said...

That is too funny! Our boys really would be perfect friends. Brig talks about how "Iraq Obama" is the bad guy and that he wants John McCain to win (which is funny, because we honestly didn't say anything to him about it). When we went to vote, he was looking around the school gymnasium, and said, "Mom, where are they?" I asked, "who?" and he said, "McCain and Obama?" He thought they were going to be at the polling place and that was how we would let them know who we were voting for.

Ashley said...

Reed is too funny! I would like to have had him and Toby talk politics. Toby of course was voting for Obama. I think because he liked the sound of his name mostly. Or maybe he overheard too many conversations in our home!

Jen Dickson said...

I love this!!! What a cutie!!! Bailey voted for McCain too. It is amazing what kids pick up! You can't keep much hidden from Reed can you?- I could insert more, politically speaking - but thought better of myself : )

Freeman Family said...

Hey guys! I need your address! email me! amyfree2003@yahoo.com