Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Sunday, April 5, 2009

We love Reed

Reed turned five. We have made it through our 10 day waiting period so we can now post about the event. I understand that this particular requirement may seem pointless and arbitrary, but it's a rule and we follow rules. Lindsay also wanted me to bump that picture of my lip down so she didn't have to look at it anymore ("I'm tired of your lip!" she said).

We had two parties--the family party on the day of his birthday (March 24), and a friend party on the following Saturday.

Reed loved his Book of Mormon birthday cake


Max enjoyed it, too


The boys both liked the presents Reed got (this one is from Nana and Papa)


The friend party started at Bounce U


There were lots of slides...




And some other activities as well


Afterwards we went to a park, had cupcakes, and opened presents


We love Reed!

8 comments:

McKay said...

My 10 day boycott of your blog (for posting that ugly picture) is now over. (Rules are rules, right?) I'm glad to see you have a new post with better pictures.

Happy belated B-Day Reed (from the Curtis crew).

grandmother said...

Looks like it a fun time was had by all. Would have liked to seen pics of Lindsay sliding down, too.

Unknown said...

Looks like you only had a 5 day boycott, McKay, but I'm glad you're back. Turns out I have super healing powers--it's been less than a week and now you can barely even tell I was cut, let alone had stitches.

And I would have gladly posted pictures of Lindsay sliding if we had any. I'm not sure Lindsay ever actually slid down and I know we didn't get any pictures of her. If we had I don't think she would have let me post them anyways.

If you'd like to see pictures of her at Bounce U, you can check Andrew and Robyn's blog.

Whitney said...

I have been anxiously awaiting photos of Reed's party. I believe Reed promised me that he would send a piece of the Book of Mormon cake in the mail to me...I'm still waiting :)

Nancy said...

I love Reed, too. Hopefully, I will see you all in a month. It looks like he was well celebrated and loved every minute of it.

Monica said...

What a FUN birthday! Hard to believe our little boys have turned and are turning 5! I remember Reed crawling and now he is so grown up! CRAZY!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY REED!

PS Cute Cake! See cakes are fun to make!

Megan said...

Happy birthday Reed! Look at those domestic skills coming through on the cake. A mother's love has no boundaries...

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to Reed! Have to admit I saw the knock out on the Bywaters Blog...looks like it was a party! what a fun time! Looks like you guys are doing well...sorry to hear about the stitches Sam. Take Care!