Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Hello Fall

Fall has always been my favorite season and that has been even more true since moving to North Carolina. Not only do we get to enjoy the lovely changing of the colors, but it's the time of year when we get the most perfect weather. I love North Carolina, but when it comes to "perfect weather" it's no California. Since you never know how many perfect 72 degree weather days you are going to get we decided to join some friends for an impromptu trip to Raven Rock.


Max and his friend Leah enjoyed a picnic lunch before the hike.


My Ruby--looking like a big girl.


After our lunch we headed out on the trail. 1.5 miles doesn't sound like very far, but when you are carrying a baby and motivating a three year old up and down hills it starts to feel a little further. Max did need to rest here and there, but he actually did great for most of the hike.

Towards the end of the hike his legs "stopped working"; however, when he realized that me carrying him on my back while holding Ruby wasn't going to work well for too long he found some more energy. We finally made it back to the car by running for 10 seconds and walking for 5 seconds. For some reason Max loved that method and finished our adventure without another complaint.


I kept calling Ruby's name to get her to smile, but I think I confused her a little because she just kept waving to me as if to say, "Here I am Mom!" It was pretty cute.


We're glad fall's here. Let's just hope it lasts.

2 comments:

grandmother said...

Enjoyed the pictures.

Robyn said...

there is just something so cute about kids and leaves!