Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Thursday, March 22, 2012

He did it!

After over a year of consistent effort, Reed finally reached his goal of finishing the whole Book of Mormon before his 8th birthday.


About 18 months ago Reed decided that he wanted to start reading the actual Book of Mormon instead of the Book of Mormon reader we had read countless times. I was of course thrilled and supportive of his desire, but I worried about how much he would comprehend. He read about a page a day for the first year and he understood enough to tell me what he read about. However as his 8th birthday crept closer I noticed he started flying through the pages a little too fast. Reed is a very fast reader, but I didn't love him speeding through the scriptures. I knew he was concerned with reaching his goal, but I was concerned with him getting something out of it. I wasn't sure what to do until my mom suggested that he listen to the scriptures online and follow along in his own. The idea turned out to be a great solution and the perfect way to reach his goal.




I'm so proud of his commitment and love of the scriptures.


When Reed asked why I was taking pictures of him I told him it was because I always wanted him to remember this day and how he felt. I hope this is just the first of many times through the Book of Mormon and that this is a day he will never forget.

1 comment:

John Evelyn said...

I am so proud of you, Reed. I don't know anyone your age that has read the entire Book of Mormon.
I know Heavenly Father and Jesus are pleased with you, I hope you will always have the desire to do Heavenly Father's will. What a great example you are to your brother and sister and all your cousins. I will end by saying that I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God, and so many blessings are promised to us if we study it throughout our lives.