Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Saturday, July 28, 2012

He still loves me

Yesterday, Sam and I celebrated our 11th Anniversary. We kept it pretty low key this year since I still feel like we are in vacation-recovery mode from our past month of travels. It may have been low key, but our evening out was still perfect and certainly made me recognize how much Sam still loves me.

When I first got to know Sam, one of the things I loved most about him was how he seemed so willing to do anything for me....no matter how silly or trivial (e.g. I was stressed about a roommate's hair clip I borrowed and accidentally broke so he walked multiple miles to several stores looking for a replacement.)

Our anniversary celebration certainly highlighted that aspect of his love for me as we spent more time than I care to admit returning things. Sam always gives me a hard time for my style of "buy-then-decide" shopping, but sometimes it's the only way. I'm really not as bad as he makes me sound, but in preparation for a project I was working on I did have an excessive number of things to return and had really been dreading dragging the kids around to return it all.

JoAnn's was the return I was dreading the most since I had the most items to bring back and their clerks are the most unhelpful/disdainful to returners. So as a true display of love and affection for me, he returned the whole shebang while I stayed out of embarrassment range in the car.


It wasn't all returns. We also enjoyed a delicious dinner at Carabba's, which after a large appetizer also provided for the best lunch ever today.


He loves her too. Ruby woke up super early yesterday morning with a long list of requests (ok...demands), including wanting her nails painted. I smiled when I came down to make breakfast and found Sam granting her wish. I told Sam I wanted to be next.


Sam and I a far from perfect, but I have always thought we were perfect for each other. Sam--I still love you, too.

1 comment:

grandmother said...

Congratulations on your 11th anniversary. The thing I remember most about Sam before you were married was how he was so willing to do anything for you. Second and third how smart and strong he was. Looks like nothing has changed. When I think of you 11 years ago,Lindsay, I think beautiful, a great desire to do what was right and to wanting to set goals. That hasn't changed either. p.s. I hope there is someone like Sam out there for Ruby. p.s.s. I had to laugh out loud when I saw that cart--was that a record for JoAnn's?