Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

It's official...

...I stink at trying to "catch up". And, while I am not willing to admit defeat, I am willing to move along for now and hope, for the sake of record keeping, that keeping up with a more current moment in our life will be more motivating.

Fall is absolutely my favorite time of year. For as long as I can remember that has been the true, and living on the East Coast for the past  8 years (Yikes!) has only solidified its top spot. Living in a more rural area sure helps too. Every drive out of our neighborhood is a scenic one. With an intro like that you'd think I'd have some lovely pictures of some of the beautiful Autumn foliage that abounds, but I never seem to have my camera at the right moment. I did, however, have my camera on our recent trip to a nearby farm and corn maze. What says fall more than a corn maze, and, as beautiful as fall can be, my children are always my favorite subjects for photos.

Gaver's Farm is a true farm, but first and foremost it's a "fun farm". The gigantic jumping pillow was a definite highlight for all of my kids.







Rubber duck races were also a favorite. Although playing beside constantly running water for too long did not bode well for my recently potty trained Ruby.







The super slide.




 I have no idea what straw jumping is, but this is what my boys decided it was.




The 5 acre corn maze was the big event of the outing, but it was also the part I was actually dreading. This was my first corn maze experience...not from lack of opportunity, but lack of any desire whatsoever. Being claustrophobic and without a great sense of direction corn mazes fall pretty low on my list of things I would ever choose to do. At least we had a map.


 Ruby's exuberance at the start of the maze told me that she clearly had no idea what a corn maze was all about.



Her continued exuberance as we traversed the maze however told me instead that she had not inherited any of my corn maze loathing qualities.

 I told Sam to take my picture, because I was sure this would be my one and only corn maze trip.



 In the end the corn maze wasn't as bad I anticipated. Doing something the kids are super excited about is always fun. Hurray for fall and hurray for hopes of not being a slacker anymore!

2 comments:

grandmother said...

Well that did look like alot of fun. It's wonderful that you have frozen in time pictures of your kid's fun and excitement. I especially liked their expressions when Reed ended his slide run, Max heading for the maze with the map, and Ruby running thru the maze (guess Sam took that) Good Job.

grandmother said...

In that last picture looks like you and Ruby have twin hair.