Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Pennsylvania wrap up...

The goal for our family reunion was to keep things as relaxed and low key as possible and we were pretty successful in that endeavor most of the time. On one of the days we decided that going for an easy hike fit into that critera and  found a nice paved path at a nearby park which seemed to fit the bill of low key and relaxing.

Of course as soon as we got to the nice paved trail my family immediately headed up a steep brush covered embankment on the opposite side of the path.


It quickly proved a little too treacherous even for our adventurous group, so with only a few minor bumps and scratches we aborted that plan and resumed our original paved path plan.  However, this was not done without first offending Ruby with a rough ride back down the hill. Boy that girl can give some looks.


Back on the path we enjoyed some beautiful weather and even more beautiful scenery along the way.


According to my sister, Issac is always talking about wanting to be faster than Max. Looks like he's not too far away. My mom enjoyed the walk too, although please ignore how ridiculous she looks (her words not mine) in my running shoes, which she said felt like shoeboxes.


Ruby stuck like glue to Scarlett and Olivia during the whole trip.


The hike was no exception.


Even on the trail, the kids (and Grandfather) found ways to up the adventure factor.


The girls.

The boys.

 The Family.


Waldo. (Sorry Tracey, I wouldn't have mentioned it if you hadn't)


The trail followed train tracks and a cool bridge. I would have loved to take more pictures of them than these, but for me, given the choice, pictures of people always win out.



Waving to the conductor and getting him to blow his horn.

It is sooo my mom to wave to these strangers passing by just in case they are waving.

The next day was our "Thanksgiving". It's almost impossible to see in this picture I took out of the window of the house, but we woke up in the morning to a whole gang of wild turkeys right outside. It was perfect.

In addition to the turkeys, we also got a festive dusting of snow that morning.

 The whole freezing gang. With the low temps and high level activity of the kids we really only had one shot at this. (Sorry Whitney.)

As far as I'm concerned I think our Thanksgiving trip was big success (neck breaking excluded of course). It was wonderful to be able to see my whole family without having to board a plane. It hasn't been that way for a very long time and I expect it won't last either, but for now I'd like to enjoy it as often as I can.

1 comment:

grandmother said...

Well, again, good you record, otherwise, we (especially me) can forget so quickly. I had forgotten about the walk up (and skidding down) the embackment. Glad you are a photo journalist. Enjoyed all the pictures. Love that we will always have them. The bridge picture was cool. I must say that Ruby girl has a mean side ponytail. I really do like trains and their engineers; hope there still plenty of people out there asking for the engineer to blow their horn. Did I take your family fote?