Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Friday, April 11, 2014

Harlow Rose (10 months)


Harlow waltzed right into 10 months just like she has all of the previous months--happy, curious, and adored by us all. 

Even Grandmother was able to get in on the action with our sweet adventurous girl this month.

One of the low lights of this month included teething, teething and more teething. I think she added at least 3 teeth this month and we all felt the pain of the process. The poor girl was in pain and everything (and everyone) nearby became a teething toy.


This month Harlow got her second haircut. I brought my camera, but ended up holding her during the trim so this was the only picture I got. She was pretty cooperative until the end and even then it only took a Dum-Dum still in the wrapper to finish her up. A few more cuts and all the remnants of her lovely dark locks will be gone.

Even after 10 months Harlow is still a celebrity in our house. The kids race to find her in our bed in the morning and fight over who gets to try and snuggle with her. (Good luck with that...with all her good qualities being a good snuggler is not on the list.)

This picture makes me laugh every time I see it. Reed truly adores Harlow and is always willing to help me out with her. I guess this is him teaching her how to snack while lounging.

Harlow LOVES taking a bath--she always has. I love to see her excitement when she knows what's coming up.

Ruby is still a little stressed about having Harlow in the bath with her (mostly just worried about her). Harlow, on the other hand, finds the a bath with Ruby just about the best thing ever.

I still think Harlow resembelse Max the most and I was pleased to see that she seems to have also inherited his beautiful long eyelashes.

 All toys are chew toys for Harlow.


The sister bond between these two continues to grow and I love it.




I can never get enough of that smiley face and blonde hair.

This rocking chair is another of Harlow's favorite. Ruby went home teaching with Sam one day and came home with a rocking chair from an older couple (the Suttons) who I'm convinced are some of the nicest people  in the world. It may have been Ruby's gift, but Harlow has claimed it as her own. She sits, climbs and rocks in it every chance she can. She gives me minor heart attack with the tricks she trys to pull off, but so far she has yet to fall off.


With all this walking, climbing, teething, and exploring my baby girl isn't doing a very good job at staying a baby.  Happy 10 months my baby girl!

3 comments:

grandmother said...

I can't believe this is just two short months ago. She is definitely in a different stage now. My favorite pics are when she is chewing the black duck and the one where she is waiting for her bath. i like how it shows off her black feather.

Chris said...

I LOVE the pic of her by the tub smiling with her little teeth! SO ADORABLE!

Monica said...

Sorry that was me! ;)