Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Friday, July 27, 2007

In loving memory

I'm pretty sure this isn't actually blog-worthy, but...

After I crossed the road today on my way into work I felt something fall out of my lunch bag onto the sidewalk and realized that I had been carrying my bag kind of sideways so things were falling out. I looked back to see what else I had dropped and I saw a sandwich and a burrito in the middle of the road. I wanted to run out to save them because...well because it was my food, but I had to wait until there weren't any cars speeding by. Both the sandwich and the burrito seemed somewhat safe for being in the middle of the road since they were both sitting on the double yellow lines. Just as the road was clearing up two consecutive cars ran right over the sandwich with me watching helplessly from the sidewalk.

My poor sandwich. I'll never forget you.

5 comments:

Monica said...

What happened to the burrito? Hope you didn't go hungry that day!

Chris and Monica

grandmother said...

what i want to know is did you eat it following the photo shoot? it looked like it stayed protected in its baggie.

Unknown said...

No, I didn't end up eating the sandwich even though it was partly protected. I saved it all day, though--just in case I got hungry enough.

Megan said...

Thanks for the laugh, Sam!

Adam Fife said...

I'll never think of a sandwich the same way again . . .