Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Lindsay's Half Marathon

I'm pretty proud of my wife. She and her friend, Suzie, have been training to run in a half marathon for months now by running between 3 and 12 miles four times a week. Friday night we drove three hours to Hickory.

Suzie and Lindsay left at a little before 6. Suzie had the remnants of strep, so we were happy that she still decided to run. Lindsay says she couldn't have done it without her.


While we waited for the girls to come by our section of the run we made these signs.



Suzie's mom was there to support her and help watch Zander.


A lobster made it's way through the crowd. Reed thought it was great.


Max and Zander kept their distance.


Lindsay had two goals: run the whole way...


...and not come in last.


We're all proud to say she accomplished both goals!


By the way...did you catch that yellow sign? It's just one more reason to be proud of what she accomplished, and one more reason why we are all looking forward to Christmas this year!

13 comments:

Laura said...

Congratulations Lindsay...on both accomplishments!

Lacey said...

Congratulations! Merry Christmas!

Jade Hill said...

What?? You are pregnant??? The baby is due in december? Yay!!

grandmother said...

Well good for you Lindsay! But can we cross running half marathons off the goal list now? Good job on he blog post, Sam.

Adam said...

Congrats Lindsay on the accomplishment and Sam and Lindsay on the family addition.

Sarah said...

Congratulations on the baby news...and the running (something that I've never been good at). Christmas babies are the best!

Robyn said...

Yippy!!! I knew you could do it! And you look GREAT! I don't think I could run a half marathon pregnant!!! I am glad it's Suzie running next to you with strep and not me a year ago!!! But that is still on my list to do a triathlon with you guys...some day! Congrats, now go sleep for a week:)

Monica said...

GREAT JOB LINDSAY!!!

Whitney said...

Congratulations again on the baby! I still can't believe that you ran that marathon while you were pregnant. I tried to limit how much I even had to walk while I was pregnant.

Casey said...

I knew it...

Freeman Family said...

Congrats on both!

Bailey Dickson said...

Oh my gosh, Another cousin woohoo, another reason to be excited about christmas!!!!!

Megan said...

LOTS of congratulations for LOTS of good reasons! I can't believe you ran anywhere pregnant...