Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Sunday, July 5, 2009

He did it!!!!

The day I thought might never come finally came! Last week Sam successfully defended his thesis to receive his doctorate in Bioinformatics and Statistics. I was so nervous as he presented his work to his committee and so relieved when they said he passed and congratulated him. It has been a long road and I am so proud of all of his hard work and long hours. We are thrilled to have reached this goal and are ecstatic to have our husband and dad back after a few intense final months. Congratulations Sam! You're awesome.



Sam's mom came out for the big event. It was great to have her here during this exciting time.


The boys also enjoyed having their Nana in town. I'm pretty sure they think she just flew in to play airplanes and chase ducks with them.

5 comments:

Monica said...

congrats Sam!! What a great feeling it must be to finally be done!! YEAH!!!

grandmother said...

Congratulations again Sam! Can't wait to read your thesis. :) Actually I would really like to try. I am very happy for you receiving your doctorate and for the chance of you getting more than 4 hours asleep each day.

McKay said...

Congrats, Sam-wise.

Will said...

Pretty awesome Sam. You were always amazing in the Statistics field.

Megan said...

Hooray! I am so excited to read your dissertation as payback for your help on my thesis! I am completely serious. I am ready for your smartness.