Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Thirty-Three

I remember when I turned 11. I was so excited to be a double number. When I turned 22 it was pretty great too (although being weeks before my wedding day I highly doubt my birthday or the repetitive nature of my age were more than minor blips on my radar.) However, this year when I've hit double digits again I'm not quite so thrilled. It's not that I'm really worried that I'm getting old (although I am prepared to do whatever it takes to keep fine lines and sagging skin away), it's more the fact that I'm really happy with my spot in life right now and I don't want it slip away too quickly. Birthdays are fun, but they are also gentle reminders that whether I like it or not, time is slipping away. (wow...for being a happy thought, that sounded very much like a downer.) Before I go on any further sounding like I'm writing my own obituary, I will switch my focus to all the happiness of this moment in my life right now.

Sam gave me the best birthday gift by finally downloading a year's worth of video from our camera and put tiny snippets of the past year into this video for me. It's amazing how much the kids (especially Ruby) have changed in that time frame.

These are all the reasons I need to love being 33.







After I successfully (but with some difficulty) blew out all of my candles Max said, "What did you
wish for?...oh I know you can't tell us, but I think I know. I bet you wished for us to always obey you". You got it Max--you got it.

1 comment:

grandmother said...

Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dear Lindsay, Happy Birthday to you! Well as you may remember, I have always said, I think your 33rd year(I guess it really is your 34th year) has the potential to be the very best (physically speaking) and then after that you are going to have to work hard to keep it until eventually time and gravity make some gains. But until then I think you look great! I love the video and the song, Sam.