Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Beach

A big (and maybe best) part of our time at El Capitan was spent at the beach.












Ruby trying her hand at baton twirling. Possibly following in the footsteps of her mother??


We played ball.




Skipped Rocks.


Played in the waves.



Took tons of pictures. The beach might be my very favorite place to take pictures.

(Thanks for the picture, Lindsey)








When Ruby saw this picture she said, "You left me all by myself at the beach! That's why I'm crying." I guess she misread her open mouth expression of joy for a shout of lonely sorrow. She was very cute with her insistent interpretation that I left her alone at the beach.


This is for you Ruby. See I was there.



Maybe our favorite beach activity of all was "Angry Dicksons". First, we split up into teams and built the tallest and strongest sand structure we could in 10 minutes.


One competitive bunch.


Then, using water balloon launchers, we did our best to destroy our opponents' castle.







Add Image



I really don't know who won, but I do know everyone had fun.




1 comment:

John Evelyn said...

It looks like alot of fun was had by all. The pictures are great, but my most favorite is of Ruby with hair strands blowing.