Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Monday, March 4, 2013

Wannabe School Girl

I found some other old pictures that I just can't bear to let sit and rot in the forgotten recesses of our computer. As soon as Max went to Kindergarten this fall, Ruby became obsessed with Kindergarten, school work, and learning everything that "the boys" know.  Just about everyday we do "school" where she wants me to be "Miss Kefauver" (Max's teacher) and she is Liz. I don't know where "Liz" came from, but it's always Liz. In fact, when I accidentally call her Ruby during our school-time she has to correct me, "Don't you mean, Liz?"

One of Ruby's favorite things to do during "school" is to practice her letters.

Always, ready for a photo.

 No...she doesn't hold the pen right. Unlike Max, she was not born with a perfect pencil grip and she's not too interested in using "pinchers" no matter how fun I try to make it sound. I was really trying to get her to switch until I remembered she was only 2 and at 33 I don't even hold a pen properly myself.

Her focus is intense (like most other parts of her personality) and is something that I just can't get enough of.

 She really does love this activity and will do page after page. This time when she came to the end of the book she flipped the pages over and started tracing them backwards.

I'd like to take credit for her academic drive, but her love for printing is kind of like Reed's love of reading--it's just something that was always there and surprised me as much as anyone. Apparently, all her tracing has paid off because the other day while I was busy doing something else she found a piece of scratch paper and wrote the entire alphabet on her own. Looks like it's time for a new book, "Liz".

1 comment:

grandmother said...

Dear Liz, You sure are a good printer. It makes me happy that you like to write. Maybe you can write me a letter. You sure are cute. You look just like my grandaughter, Ruby. Are you her twin?