Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Monday, July 1, 2013

Shiner

I could be wrong, but I don't think either one of my boys has ever had a black eye. This is number two for Ruby. I don't know what that says about Ruby or my boys, but it looks like lifeguards have good reason for saying, "No running at the pool". In fact, they should probably add, "No running to the pool" because that's all it took for Ruby get shiner number two. Metal railings are not very forgiving when you run into them.

There were definitely some tears involved, but thankfully no stitches. The cut was pretty close to her eye so they used a special kind of super bandaid to hold it together for the week while it healed. With her  eye injury she looked just like a little boxer--so much so that Sam asked me to be sure to take some pictures of her. I happily obliged since it was actually one of the first thoughts I had when she and Sam returned from Urgent Care.  I wasn't the only one happy about the photo shoot.









A few days later her eye looked even worse as it continued to drain. The pictures didn't really capture the depth of the black eye, but they sure do catch my little drama queen. When I told her I wanted to take a picture of her eye she promptly threw a forlorn gaze at the camera.


Don't be fooled by her antics...this was two seconds later.


I'm happy to report that after about a week her eye is just about completely healed and back to normal. Final Score: Metal Railing 1 Ruby 0.

1 comment:

grandmother said...

Should I call you Ruby Ali?
How come you still look so cute, even when your face gets banged up?