Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Reed's Groupie

Reed's got a groupie. Whenever he practices the piano, Harlow finds her spot beside him pretty quickly and I think it's pretty cute.


It never bothers Reed, in fact I think he kinda likes having a fan. Of course that doesn't stop him from pretending to get mad her. It's all good though because even Harlow knows it's part of the act.

These pictures were taken the week before Reed's recital. I was getting pretty nervous (definitely more nervous that he was) about him being prepared enough, so I told him that if he played his piece 100 times I would taken him to Baskin Robbins for a double scoop. The song is not short so he immediately calculated how long it would take and set to work to get it done that day. He was determined to finish it before the day was over--- and he did, almost without ever taking a break.  It was a pretty amazing feat given the fact that sometimes just getting him to sit down and practice for 15 minutes is torture. But that is the way Reed has always been. When he decides something is important, he is unstoppable.

 Back when I took these pictures last month Harlow was happy to just come and happily pound away on the bench beside him. Unfortunately, (for Reed)  she has either grown taller or just moves more capably now because now when she makes her way over to the piano it's to bangs the keys beside him while he plays. I think it's a duet she's looking for. Give a few years my girl and I think we can make it happen.

1 comment:

grandmother said...

Yes, I noticed when she was here, she liked playing the paino. I can't believe Reed practiced his piece 100 times in one day. Amazing!