Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Thursday, March 10, 2011

I have a toddler

About a month ago, when Ruby and I took a quick trip to Maryland, I decided to rent a car seat with our car rental. When I arrived to pick up the car the attendant asked if I would be needing an infant or toddler car seat. I had to stop and think for minute, but eventually figured it was a "toddler seat" I was looking for. At the time I remember thinking, "how could anyone call my little baby a toddler." Now only a month or two later there is no denying it. As crazy as it sounds to me---I have a toddler.

Ruby's been walking since the beginning of January, but I just now realized how much her mode of transportation has truly transformed my baby into a bona fide toddler. Here are a few random things about toddler Ruby.

She loves, loves, loves SHOES. If she see them she must put them on----and one pair is never enough. She likes to switch back in forth between her two pairs of shoes and any one else's she may come across.

I love how distressed she looks at the fact that the shoes she has found are not yet on her feet.


Ahhh...that's better.




Shoes are her favorite, but she is also a big fan of all accessories and when she finds them she insists that we put them on her or wear them ourselves. Hats, coats, jewelry and now purses are her new must haves.

Ruby is rarely without a coat, sweater or jacket. She has a few and changes them frequently throughout the day. (Note to Tracey & Whitney: Am I raising BYU's "coat girl" of 2029??)


Jewelry is another obsession of my girl. Anything can be a bracelet--even the hood to my camera lens.


She wears my hat better than I do.


Baby dolls? No. Purses? Yes. I'm not sure what this says about my girl, but it sure is cute for now. Anything that has a loop is a purse and suitable for carrying things around the house. This is probably my favorite thing right now.



Always pushing the edge of fashion, Ruby has also taken to rummaging through her brother's drawers looking for the perfect piece for her new outfit. I guess the boy's church socks are kinda like leg warmers. I don't know what that face is all about.


Reed gave her a hand with this one. She loved it--so did he.




Ready for a swim?


It's not ALL about clothes and accessories for Ruby these days. As a toddler she now also finds great joy in her ability to help herself in the pantry. I'm all about her becoming more self sufficent, but I don't think 'self sufficent' is where we are at yet.




Yep---there is no denying it, we've got a toddler---and from the looks of things we are in for a little bit of trouble and a whole lot of fun.

4 comments:

Casey said...

She is ah-dor-ABLE! I can't believe how fast she is growing, and she is SUCH a beauty! I can't wait to get to know her better. :)

Monica said...

So cute! I can't believe she is putting so many clothes ON. Eliza is always trying to take her clothes OFF!! hehehe I love the girliness coming out already in her.

Whitney said...

I can't belive how fast she is growing up. If you are trying to raise the next byu coat girl, you better start saving your money, those coats weren't cheap.

Robyn said...

I love it! Can't wait to see that little toddler!! She's changed so much since you were here last!