Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day

Last Sunday was a very low key Father's Day. Life has felt a tad stressful and busy recently, so low key was just about all we could handle. I hope Sam felt loved and celebrated because that is what we tried to do and certainly what he deserves.

This nap after church was probably just about the best gift I could give Sam these days. I am always amazed at how he can survive on so little sleep sometimes. He is almost always up and going before the sun. I also like to get up early, but I certainly can't do it with the same stamina. For as long as we have been married I have depended on Sam to be my personal alarm clock. Just one of the many things I depend on him for.



Sam requested BLT's for dinner (going right along with our low key celebration). I share Sam's love for bacon so I was happy to oblige his request. The boys were happy to be involved in the preparation. Max really got into his lettuce leafing--maybe a little too into it. He was pretty proud of his leafy mound.




Sam said the sandwiches did not disappoint.


After dinner, Sam and the boys built what might be our best fort yet. Yes...that is an upside coffee table roof.

It was big enough for us all and the highlight of the day for the boys (all of them, I think). Sam is such a big kid and great dad. I really think there are few things Sam enjoys more than playing with his kids.








Happy Father's Day Sam! Thank you for the countless things you do to keep us laughing and feeling loved. You're awesome.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: