Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Night Owls

It's 10:43 p.m. and up until a few minutes ago I thought I was the only one in the house awake waiting for Sam to get home from his trip to AZ. I realized that wasn't the case when I heard some suspicious noise coming from upstairs that was too loud to be mice. My first thought, 3 hours after putting the boys to bed, was to put on my "I'm serious" face and tell them how late it was and that enough was enough, but when I opened the door and saw this I changed my mind. Tomorrow is a holiday and I truly believe they can never get enough of this.






I'm pretty sure they were playing some kind of game where they were trying to say silly things to make the other person laugh. I'm not sure if Reed is winning or losing here...


Max is pretty funny, but it was also very late. Just look at Reed's face. Priceless.


I'm not sure what is going on here. Ghost stories??


I still remember one particular night when I was about Reed's age that I stayed up super late with my sisters laughing and making friendship bracelets. It was the best. I hope Reed and Max remember these late night activities the same way.



Red curtains, orange sheets, no beds, purple walls....who decorated this room, clowns or gypsies? Seeing these pictures has not only melted my heart, but also moved the boys' room up a few notches on my mental "we need to do something about this room" list. No boy should have to sleep in a purple room---although the cobra on the wall is a nice touch. Thanks Max.


I love these boys and the love they have for each other. I'm so glad I decided to grab my camera instead of my mean mom face because this is something totally worth remembering.

1 comment:

John Evelyn said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun Reed and Max! So was your mom right? Were you trying to make each other laugh AND telling ghost stories? \ Too bad i don't have pictures of the friendship bracelet night.