Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Swim Team

Today was our last regular season swim meet of the season. Next week's division's meet will wrap up Reed's 3rd and Max's 2nd season of swim and this is the first time I've ever written a thing about it. This makes me sad especially when I think of how much they have progressed in that time. When Reed joined the team 3 years ago I was just excited for him to have this experience and to strengthen his swimming skills. Fast forward  three years later the boys have become real competitors. In fact watching their events was down right exciting. Reed placed in the top three overall in every event he was in today. Max was also the heat winner in the backstroke and both of the boys cut multiple seconds in each of there events. Seeing them work hard and have fun--it doesn't get better than that for me.


These swim meets are all morning affairs. I used to be a little bugged that they ate up so much of our Saturday, but now I look forward to them as good quality family time as we are all stuck waiting together for the boys events.

Reed waiting on deck for his event.

It's always a party when Max is in line waiting for his event.



Backstroke is one of Reed's strongest strokes.

Waiting to hear his finish time.

Did I mention how Max is everybody's best friend in line?

And if you think he is fun while waiting for his event, you should see him after his wins his heat.


He was just a little excited. Excited enough in fact to dance all the way back to the tent beaming all the way.

These pictures are actually from this season's first meet where the boys cleaned up in their heats. I think they won all but one of the heats they raced in.

It was a good day for everyone. These pictures don't lie.

I'm not going to miss getting out the door every morning for swim practice, but judging by the looks on these faces it was a great season and totally worth it.

1 comment:

John Evelyn said...

This post made me so happy and proud of Reed and Max that it made me teary-eyed.