Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Sunday, August 26, 2007

BYU Education Week



Last week Max and I spent the week at BYU attending Education Week. My sister, Tracey, and I took turns watching Max and Scarlett while the other attended classes. Although it was exhausting for all parties involved it was also an inspiring and wonderful week of learning and motivation. I've only been home for one day, but I am very excited to start implementing some of the great ideas I heard. If I can just act upon all I learned I will soon be the most patient, loving, organized, motivated, goal-setting, in-tune-with-the-spirit, joyful, hard -working, journal-writing, gospel -sharing, menu-planning, service-doing girl you ever met. Phew!!! A good thing a have a lifetime to get it all figured out. Don't hold your breath waiting for my next post to be titled "Perfected". I'm sure there will be at least 2 or 3 before that :)






Here are the two super trooper babies...and NO they are NOT twins. Despite the fact that they are sitting in the same stroller and roughly the same size, they are not twins. These two are cousins, but in my opinion they don't look a lick alike. However, that didn't stop approximately 100 people from assuming they were---not that we minded. These two cuties loved all the attention they got---even if it was for being "twins".







"My Mom went to Education Week and all I got was this BYU T-shirt."

Reed was actually thrilled with the whole matching T-shirt thing. Won't we all look great this football season!

Education Week was absolutely wonderful, but the highlight of my week was still coming home to the people I love most!

5 comments:

grandmother said...

I love the pics - I love the commentary. I think you should enlarge and frame the pic with Sam, Reed, and Max. But I have to ask, did they not have a regular t-shirt for max that you bought a midriff?

Ashley said...

That's so cool you were able to do that. One day I'll go to education week. Was it hard with the babies?

Monica said...

I love the pics! I don't know if I would call the cousins twins either but they are both VERY cute to say the least! I hope that we can go together to Education Week next year. I am looking forward to hearing about all your insights you've learned! I love the matching shirts. That's a cute idea. I hope you got yourself one too!

Casey said...

How was education week? The pictures are great I wish we could see you guys more often! BTW...my foot is fine. I may be allergic to bees....but not deathly allergic.

Megan said...

That picture is awesome! I just got all of us BYU shirts too, and am sending Adam his so he can feel a little better about missing all the football in the whole world (as he calls it). They totally have ESPN. So really, he's just missing all the BYU football.