Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Sunday, February 13, 2011

And we're back....

Wow! After a 2 1/2 month break from keeping any kind of record of our life I am ready to be back to doing what makes me happy and helps me remember the good stuff. It's certainly been a crazy 2+ months with plenty to remember and plenty I'm sure I've forgotten already. To keep myself from being too overwhelmed I have committed to recording a little something everyday until I'm up to date.

I really should start back where I left off at the beginning of December but since my memory isn't as good as I think it should be I am going to start by skipping right to a quick recap of this unbelievable past month.

Yesterday marked exactly one month from the date Sam flew up to Maryland (the same day we arrived home from a 2 1/2 week trip to California no less) to interview with a statistical consulting firm. Having the interview itself was pretty miraculous given that it had come to be through a seemingly random e-mail from a head hunter. Fast forward 1 month from that date and our life has changed quite a bit. Within exactly one month Sam was offered and accepted a new job, we found a new home in Maryland, put our house up for sale and sold it just in time for Sam to leave and begin his first day of work tomorrow. I could never have imagined that these changes could take place so quickly, but as they have it has become more and more apparent to both Sam and I that the Lord has been very involved in the process and that there is much more than just a new job awaiting us in Maryland. It's been difficult to consider the thought of leaving our home and life of the past 6 1/2 years for the unknown, but I know Heavenly Father has a plan for us and I now look forward to the adventure ahead.

Much of this past month has been spent getting our house prepared to sell. It's amazing how many little things can stay "undone" for so long. I'm pretty sure I've been meaning to sand and re-paint our mailbox post since the day we moved in. My dad came to spend the day with us a couple weeks ago and help us check off many of the to-dos on our house list.

The boys were thrilled to be involved in making the post look new again. I must say they did a wonderful job and I'm pretty sure we have the nicest looking mail box post in the neighborhood now.


More catching up to come...

1 comment:

grandmother said...

My goodness! It has been 96 hours since your post and--no comments!? Because we have all given up on you! And you said you were going to add a little everyday until you caught up--and 96 hours later--nothing. But seriously, I was very happy to see this post and looking forward to more. I am very excited for your move. The way everything has fallen into place, I know Heavenly Father is guiding and you are following so I am sure good things are ahead.