Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Monday, February 21, 2011

The rest of December...and January too.

This catching up stuff is for the birds. I am really going to try to move forward fast because if I don't I may be stuck in 2010 forever. Here we go.

On Christmas afternoon, after we had enjoyed the morning as a family, we rushed out the door to catch a flight to L.A. Thankfully we beat the snow and were able to depart as scheduled. The next 2 1/2 weeks were spent enjoying California's mild winter weather, but more importantly our extended family. Being able to spend time with family is really the only reason we make this trek so frequently. Here are a few photos from 2 1/2 weeks of wonderful family time.

After a long day of Christmas Day travel we were able to wake up the next morning and spend Christmas Sunday in Long Beach. Ruby looked adorable in her Christmas dress. My Nana made it for her and I thought it turned out just perfect.


After a day in Long Beach we headed to San Clemente. We were extra lucky because while we were there all of Sam's siblings also arrived to spend a few days in California. It was lots of people and lots of fun.

Football at the park...





and lots of cousins to play with.




After the park we enjoyed dinner at a place I had been wanting to take Ruby pretty much since she was born.

After a few days in San Clemente we headed back to Long Beach to spend time with my family including bicycle surry rides along the water at Shoreline Village. I love that my kids love to be with their cousins.


It looks like Issac and Ruby still have some warming up to do.


Part way through our ride Reed and Luke took over as the drivers. It was quite a funny and swervy sight. I was quite impressed that they could get it moving at all.


I don't take enough pictures of my parents, but since I did this time, here they are...



We took a break halfway through our ride to enjoy the beach and try out some new camera techniques.




I love how Max kept his helmet on the whole time while playing in the sand. He loved that thing.


A few days later we headed to the Long Beach Aquarium. Watching the scuba diver feed the sharks was definitely one of the highlights.


Even Ruby enjoyed it.

At the "touch tank" I think I was the biggest wimp. Both the boys had no problem petting the sharks and sting rays.


After a few days in Long Beach we packed up for San Clemente again. (wow I feel tired just thinking about all this back and forth business). It is a hassle to do so much flip flopping, but being able to squeeze it all in makes it worth it.

One of the funnest things we got to squeeze in while in San Clemente was family dodge ball. Watching and playing were equally fun.





I love this picture of Ruby and Lacey. It pretty much sums up the reason we come and what makes all the craziness (not pictured) worthwhile.

Phew! That was long, does that mean I can move on to February???

2 comments:

Whitney said...

great photos looks like we missed out on a lot of fun.

Robyn said...

Fun memories...thanks for letting me read!