Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Flat Skin

Max is my child with widest range of dispositions. He can be the grumpiest, growliest foot-stomping boy ever and then a few hours later be the most benevolent, loving, thoughtful child. When he is the latter version of himself, it is often accompanied by a very distinct squinty-eyed, nose-scrunched chipmunk-like smile. With his special smile he will often snuggle up next to me to say something like, "You're the best mom ever."

How do I have 1000s of pictures and not one of the chipmunk smile? This one is close, so it will do.


Recently at church he snuggled up to me with his signature chipmunk smile, climbed on my lap and said, "Mom, I love you. Do you know why I love you?"

"Why?"

"Because your skin is so flat." Of course, I had to inquire further as to what he meant exactly, to which he said, "You know...not bumpy and wrinklish like Dads."

I was feeling pretty good (about my skin at least) until he said, "And do you know why I love Dad?"

"Why?"

"Because he's just so awesome!"

In my vanity I am content with the flat skin compliment and think it's great that Max thinks his dad is awesome. I totally agree.

1 comment:

Casey said...

I have long admired your 'flat skin'. ;)