Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Gaver's Farm

Being able to stay home is good, but getting out on a beautiful day is wonderful too. On the second day of our "teacher work day" holiday, the kids and I headed to Gaver's Farm to soak up every moment of the unusually perfect weather.

First stop at Gaver's is always feeding the goats, although to be honest I think only Reed enjoyed the up close and personal interaction with them.



For not being a super animal lover, I was surprised at how confident Reed was around these aggressive (and apparently hungry) goats.


Harlow kept thinking she wanted to feed them, but then always opted to keep her distance.

Ruby, on the other hand, knew just where she belonged--nowhere near those long tongues.

After the goats (or we) had had our fill, we headed up the hill to check out all of the farm games. Gaver's is the best when it comes to having a large variety of outdoor actives. They have lots and we tried them all.

Rubber Duckie races. I love Reed's face as he give water pumping his all.







A "ring-the-milk- barrel" game that mostly turned into s "ring-the-Harlow"game. I liked that game better anyways.

A little baseball throwing.







Ruby wanted to get a picture of me, but I'm afraid this was the best she was able to do. I think she was just excited that she actually took one that didn't cut off my head. I'll have to give the heads up next time that my profile is not my best angle. At least there is now evidence of my existence at this activity.

Super Bikes.



My run away girl.


Gunnysack slides.



Cabin building. Reed had some grand plans...if only he had about 100 more sets of those logs.



This boy of mine was born with a surplus of ideas and a desire to create.


Harlow decided to try her hand at a little corn hole.




And then, because I really, really,really love my children, we went into the corn maze.


Harlow stopped and posed until I took her picture. That girl.

 I had to keep taking pictures to distract myself from the fact that we had voluntarily trapped ourselves in the middle of these tall stalks without another soul in sight in an area with poor cell phone reception. Did I mention how much I do not love corn mazes?? Yes, I love my children that much.

Thankfully we all survived the ordeal and thanks to this little poser it was actually kinda fun.

On our way out the boys raced over the hay bales. I couldn't help but snap some photos of a little brotherly competition.






  The win for Max...which  means, of course, there will be a rematch.


And a win for Reed, which makes a tie. I like ties. And with that we were able to call it a day---actually a practically perfect one.

4 comments:

John Evelyn said...

Love it when there lots of pictures and commentary and I feel like I was there. Love the action pics, but my favorite are always the close ups.

abo-bder said...



شركة نقل عفش بالرياض
شركة تخزين عفش بالرياض
شركة تنظيف بالرياض
شركة تنظيف فلل بالرياض
شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض

Yang Kuo said...

Love it when there lots of pictures and commentary and I feel like I was there. Love the action pics, but my favorite are always the close ups.


แคมฟรอก

Mithun said...

Well done works...This is very important and informative blog...Big Thumbs up...
Java training in chennai | Java training in annanagar | Java training in omr | Java training in porur | Java training in tambaram | Java training in velachery