Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Lake Cascade

Lake Cascade was beautiful and turned out to be just about the perfect place for my family to enjoy all of the water activities we had planned. It was a little on the cool side the first day, but after that the weather warmed up and it was just right for the rest of the week. One of the best parts was that, as far as we could tell, we had the place to ourselves. We never saw another boat on the lake the whole time we were there and we were able to enjoy ourselves on a nice sandy beach without another soul around. It was great to spend the day with the kids playing on the beach and be able to drive the boat right up to the shore to take turns skiing, wakeboarding and jet skiing.

Is it just me are does the lake have a tropical look in this picture...


Reed went skiing for his first time on "horseshoe" skis. He took a little coaxing, but I was proud of him for being brave enough to give it a try and stick with it. As as watched him from the shore it looked like he was having a great time until the boat looped around and I could hear from quite a distance Reed shouting, "Stoooooooooooop!!" It was pretty cute and funny. He did enjoy the experience--- he just thought that one loop was enough.


The kids spent a good chunk of their day playing in the sand working on a variety of "projects" including a large hole they called a "hot tub." All I know is that it involved a lot of digging, gathering rocks and transporting as much water as possible in bottles, buckets and bags.




Jet Skiing was Reed's absolute favorite. I thought he might be a little hesitant after his skiing experience, but I couldn't have been more wrong. He loved it and was begging for more speed instead of less.


Reed wasn't the only one who enjoyed the jet skis. My sisters and I had the rare opportunity to do something fun together without kids. I was the first to drive because they both said I would be the least timid, but after taking my turn as a passenger, I would say there is nothing timid about either one of them on jet skis.



Yes...that is Sam trying to catch a football while holding Ruby. I don't know, but that seems like a really bad idea. Thankfully the ball was caught and no one was worse for it.


The kids loved learning to skip rocks on the lake.


Matt and Olivia hanging out on the shore.


And what do you need after a long day on the water???....MORE water of course. The hot tub was just about filled to capacity every night. In case the pictures aren't evidence enough, the kids were in heaven.







1 comment:

Nancy said...

Looks like so much fun!