Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Monday, October 31, 2011

Randomness from the past little while...

I recently downloaded over a month's worth of photos from my camera. Even more amazing than the number of pictures I had taken was how much my kids had already changed since I had taken them. It's a good reminder to me of how much I don't want any of this to slip away so here are some random pictures from the past little while, with just enough words to help me remember the moment.

Reed always loved to sit and be read to and would sit with me patiently listening for as long I wanted. That wasn't so much the case with Max or Ruby. When they were tiny they would both either wiggle away, grab the book, flip the pages ahead or just plain fuss when I would try to read to them. Thankfully by the time they hit 18 months they both grew out of their "bossy book behavior" and thoroughly enjoyed story time. I'm glad because it's just about my favorite thing to do with them and love that it's something that we can all enjoy together.






Ruby imitating the elephant in the book. She's always good for some awesome animal sounds


Even now, Reed can't resist a book--no matter how many times he's read it.




Ruby continues to have a very sweet relationship with each of her brothers. That doesn't mean it's always sunshine and roses between then, but there is certainly enough of it to leave no doubt they adore her.

Max giving Ruby a good morning kiss through the crib.


Max enjoys pushing Ruby in the swing maybe a bit too much and now I can't get her near those things.


Here is Reed suffering through one of his summer writing prompts. It was torture for us both sometimes, but I'm very proud of him for sticking with it. He always had lots of good ideas, however, sitting and writing those good ideas down wasn't always his favorite.


Two things my boys will never tire of--Legos and guns.


I love this picture because it reminds me of how much Ruby wants to be one of the gang. If her brothers are going somewhere or doing something, she's right there behind them.



Did someone say we were looking for sticks? What I really needed is a picture of her when she took this stick and used it like a rifle. I was quite surprised when I saw her do it. I guess that's what happens when you have two older brothers. All I can say is watch out Annie Oakley!


It's not always just Ruby following the boys. Sometimes it's the boys following Ruby--often under her request and direction. A while back I got Ruby some polka-dot pajamas and thus was born the "dot-dot" dance. I'm pretty sure it was Reed that made it up, but it was Ruby that kept it going. Whenever she wears the pajamas not only does she have to the dot-dot dance, but she makes everyone else do it too. The dot-dot dance consists of spinning in circles saying "dot-dot-dot".

Some are willing participants---others are not.




But that doesn't stop her from trying.


No matter how the dance starts it always ends like this.


Phew...it's always a relief to get these memories in writing. Like I said it's only been a few months and already life has changed. Ruby now (for some unknown reason) hates these pajamas and refuses to wear them. It's a real shame, Ruby. They (the PJs and the dance) were so cute and I miss them. RIP "dot-dot dance".

1 comment:

grandmother said...

I loved all the pics especially the close up of reed and max. I am so sad they did not have the digital camera 30 plus years ago. I would have taken a ton of pics too. I am sure not as good as yours, but alot of them. Glad I got to enjoy the dot dot dot phenomena while it lasted.