Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Back on track

It's only been a week and a half since I've recorded anything and already I feel like I've missed out/started to forget so many things that I made a mental note about wanting to remember. I'm much better at this when I do it on a more scheduled/regular basis, so I will have to figure out how to make that happen. It's been a little more difficult week time-wise largely because Ruby got her first real cold. I guess when Reed went back to school this week he came home with a little something for his sister.

The poor girl has been miserable for the past several days; however, it looks like today may be her "turn around day". (Please! Please! Please!) She has been much more fussy and for almost two days straight she would only take any kind of nap in my arms. I usually don't mind toting her around, but after a few days of nonstop carrying, my wrists actually ached from the strain. Needless to say it was a wonderful moment for everyone when she took her first "out of arms" nap yesterday.






I've also discoved that record keeping is a lot like exercising for me. I'm usually excited "thinking" about doing it, but I don't seem to always find the time. It's usually tiring when I actually do it, but I am dissapointed when I don't, and I ALWAYS feel great after it's done. I'm still trying to work out a good way to be consistant in my record keeping. I have plenty I want to catch up on just from the past week, but I think keeping the task small is key, so I'll stop here and call it good for now. I will start doing a better job tomorrow...the best time to start anything.

3 comments:

grandmother said...

I got on your blog just before I went to bed, not expecting anything, since there has not been a new entry for ten or so days, and I was happily surprised. Glad Ruby is feeling better. Liked your recording/exercising analogy.

Nancy said...

Sweet baby. Sometimes our only job is holding babies. Glad she has turned a corner.

Robyn said...

Oh she is just so cute sleeping! Hope everyone is feeling better this week.