Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Monday, May 24, 2010

Fathers and Sons Campout

Last weekend was our Stake's Fathers and Sons Camp out. The boys had been looking forward to it and counting down the days for at least two weeks prior. Reed would mention the upcoming trip at every opportunity. If we ever spoke about an upcoming event he would use it as his point of reference. "Is that before or after fathers and sons?"

He even randomly told me one morning, "I have so much coming up to look forward to. When I turn 8 I'll get baptized, when I'm 12 I'll get the priesthood, and this weekend is Fathers and Sons!"

He also told me, "Fathers and Sons Camp is kind of like Zion's Camp--except without the mobs, of course."

As soon as Reed got home from school, both he and Max packed their backpacks and sleeping bags and were on the porch waiting for Sam to be ready.






Max wanted to know why they didn't have "Mom and baby" camp (now that sounds like fun). When the boys left, Ruby and I had a lovely (and quiet) evening at home. I must say it was quite fun for me to think of staying at home together having a "girls" night with her. I wanted to think of some fun "girly" thing for us to do, but I mostly just spent the evening giving her airplane rides on the bed, playing patty cake, and enjoying just looking at her and thinking of how much I love her. Maybe next year we'll get out the nail polish.


When the boys arrived home the next morning I could tell that the weeks of anticipation were not in vain. They came home dirty, a little sunburned, and completely satisfied by their overnight adventure.

3 comments:

grandmother said...

The boys are so cute. Did you and Ruby get your eyebrows done? They look very nice.

Sam, tells us something about the campout.

Nancy said...

Yes, Sam, we want to hear how much fun you had camping with your cute boys. You didn't even mention it when we talked on the phone.

Could Ruby be any cuter?

Robyn said...

Very fun! What a great dad! Cute boys as usual:)