Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Short and Sweet

On Sunday I told Sam that I needed to get better at just recording very SHORT little snippets of life no matter how seemingly trivial they are. Even if they are things I think I will remember, I might not, and I know even these things will be valuable to me in the future. Sometimes when I go to record something it ends up taking so long that I'm less motivated to do it again real soon. Since in this case more is better I decided I would try to encourage myself by keeping "short and sweet" as the guiding theme.

That was Sunday...this is Thursday night and I haven't done anything. I guess I haven't figured out how to be "short and sweet" yet. I will give it a try.

Max LOVES avocados. Pretty much from the time he was eating solids he was eating and loving avocados. I remember one time when he was just about a year old I was feeding him an avocado and he kept wanting more and more so I ended up feeding him the whole thing. After it was gone I was so worried that I called my mom right away thinking it might have been too much for his little body. Thankfully, he didn't suffer any negative effects at the time, and his love of avocados has continued.

Sometimes when I call Max to the table to eat I will try to motivate him by saying, "Hurry up--it's one of your favorites!" and when he gets to the table he will say, "These aren't avocados." He thinks he's pretty funny.

The other day I cut up an avocado for Max and me to eat for lunch and I decided to take a few pictures of him with his beloved food. Apparently, the camera slowed me down too much because by the time I sat down, my share was long gone.


Wow, I really am not good at short. I guess next time I need to just put something like, "Max loves avocados. The End."

3 comments:

grandmother said...

Cute. You should send the picture and story to the Avocado Growers of America. I'll be sure to bring some when I come, cuz we have the best here in CA.

Nancy said...

That was short and sweet enough. I'll bet it didn't take you that long either. Never knew a kid to like avocados that young.

Robyn said...

No wonder Max and Oliver are such great buddies!:) So I have this same problem with keeping posts short. I guess that is most of the reason we only post once a month! Maybe I'll try to do a few quick short posts and follow your example of keeping a better track of our cute kids. Miss you guys!