Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Good Sunday

Today was a good Sunday. I'm not sure exactly what made it so nice, but it was. I could tell Reed was trying extra hard to do things he thought would please me. He sang primary songs in the car on the way to church to try and help keep Ruby happy, told me he was going to try to keep his shirt tucked in all day so he would look like a missionary, walked reverently to class when we got to church (and strongly encouraged Max to follow him), wrote notes quietly during sacrament meeting and on the way home told me he wished he could be a pioneer. When I asked him why he wanted to be a pioneer he said it was because the primary song says that "pioneer children quickly obeyed" and he wants to do that. How could I not love a day like that? And how can I get a repeat day?

Maybe it had something to do with Sam dressing up like Joesph Smith today. Sam was asked to be a part of some role playing as Joesph Smith in Primary today. I was surprised how into it he got. The primary said costumes were optional, but apparently they weren't to Sam. He was really wishing his his sideburns were longer. You can't really tell in this picture, but they are brushed forward as far as they would go.

Reed loved having Sam in Primary, but not all of the kids were as impressed.  One of the boys said, "You look like Reed's daddy," to which Sam aptly replied, "I get that a lot."






























It was a Sunday without any other obligations after church (another thing that made it nice) so we were able to play a game of Old Maid.























Max definitely missed the concept of Old Maid. He was so disappointed when he was the first one to get all of his matches and run out of cards.






























We actually tried to cheer him up at the end by giving him the unicorn (old maid). Silly boy.

5 comments:

grandmother said...

Well reading your blog made a great ending to my Sunday. Reed I am so proud of you in your desire to do what is right. You are a great example for your brother, primary friends and your cousins. And Sam you make a handsome Joseph Smith.

grandmother said...

And Max you make great facial expressions.

Nancy said...

I don't remember ever having a Sunday like that. Good for Reed. Sam, I like your Joseph.

Monica said...

Very cool outfit Sam! Way to go Reed!

Robyn said...

Very sweet. I love relaxing Sunday's and fun family games!