Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Mini Golf

Since this is Reed's last week of being "tracked out", we decided we would try to do one fun/special thing each day this week. I have to keep reminding myself that with year round school "track out"is all the summer vacation we are going to get, so I want to make sure we have fun with the time we have. I let Reed help me pick the activities so on Monday for FHE we went to Pelican's for mini golf and snow cones.

The boys were so excited to get to the golf course. You can't see Max's face, but I love how his expressive body language says it all.

Seeing the driving range was a first for the boys. As we walked by the golfers Reed said, "Hey look they have shoes!  Oh...wait never mind."

This wasn't the most impressive course ever (not even close), but the kids didn't seem to mind a bit.

I'm not sure if Max is playing golf or hockey here.

Ruby cried in the car the whole way to and from golfing, but Sam said seeing her with this little golf club made it all worthwhile.

Getting snow cones was equally exciting as the golfing. Pelican's has a ton of crazy flavors. Picking one to try is definitely part of the experience.

When Reed saw that 'Fire Ball' was a flavor he needed to look no further. Cinamonn Spice things like Hot Tamales and Bid Red are his favorite. Unfortunately, it only took a few bites to realize that there is such thing as too spicy---even for a snow cone. Lucky for him he has a really nice dad who traded him for his chocolate oreo ice cream.


Max got Blueberry Bubblegum (could there be a more perfect flavor for him?) and I chose Key Lime Pie---much better than the Pina Colada I got last time that tasted/smelled a little too much like pina colada lotion.

It was a great night and the perfect wannabe summer vacation.

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Very fun! I still remember when you guys came mini-golfing with us for Oliver's 1st birthday. Ruby looks so cute, I just love her smile!! That shirt looks cute on her, now Sophia can pick one out for our little girl too!

grandmother said...

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that. It is so good that you are recording these things. I'll say it again. I wish I would have.

Nancy said...

Me, too. Granddad Price would be horrified at the mini golf course. (You know that is how he earned his living. He had 5 very nice miniature golf courses.) I can't believe how cute Ruby is in that picture.