Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Saturday, April 3, 2010

TIE-dye Eggs

Today in between sessions of conference we experimented with a new method for decorating eggs that we saw online. We used old silk ties from the thrift store to TIE-dye our eggs. Reed must have told me 20 times, "We are using ties to dye, so it's tie dyed. Get it? Tie-dye. I love it when he thinks he's come up with a good joke. He laughs at himself and is so proud. Both of my boys (actually all three of my boys) think it's pretty important to be funny. We hear a lot of jokes in this house--some over and over again, but they still almost always get a laugh (or an eye roll at the very least).


This project was a little more time consuming than we would have hoped, but the eggs turned out pretty neat and the boys had fun. Picking out and cutting up the ties may have been their favorite part of the process.









Tie "guts"


Sam looks happy that I am taking pictures instead of helping.


This is how Max helped to wrap up the eggs.


With some persistence and patience all of the eggs were finally wrapped up and ready to go.


Once they were all bundled up, the eggs were ready to be boiled. While we waited, the boys...actually, looking at these pictures, I'm not really sure what they were doing. I love these silly boys and I love that they love each other.






Finally our eggs were ready. It was so much fun to unwrap each one and see how they turned out.


I tried to get the boys to pick a favorite, but they decided all of them were their favorites.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

You'll have to tell us in detail how you did that. Those are so cool. We'll try next year. Love the pictures. That is such a Sam look!

Megan said...

I love to read your posts, and I love your boys. Seriously, I think all boys are the same with the joke thing. We need to get together before you move away from this side of the country.

Robyn said...

VERY COOL...pass that along we'd love to try that next year!

grandmother said...

I must say while was scrolling through the pictures, I was thinking, " Oh brother, a lot of work too dye eggs." But after seeing the result, I thought, "It was worth it."
In your sharp pictures, I could see poor Max's skin. It reminded me of all the misery you went through. The good thing is we know it will eventually go away.