Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Ballerina girl

Ruby has been a "dancer" since before she could walk. When there is music around she just can't help herself. We actually had a family home evening last night about different kinds of music and what spirit they invite. When I played a heavy metal selection, I watched as my boys startled face's turned to looks of disapproval and almost fear while at the same time out of the corner of my eye I noticed Ruby rocking out. The girl definitely has some some rhythm and can't keep it to herself.

Thankfully, Ruby's favorite type of dancing involves music from the other end of the spectrum and doesn't include growly, slurred and incomprehensible lyrics. For the past 6 months or so Ruby has been obsessed with ballet and her "moves". She even approaches neighbors and people at church to show them her "ballerina" which includes her stretching her arms high above her head while standing on one foot. I'm actually pretty impressed at how long she can stand on one foot, but mostly it's just cute.

Because of her interest in ballet, when I saw this instructional ballet video for toddlers I knew it would be perfect for her. I was right.


What I really need is video of this cuteness.








The video is very well done for kids. Not even the boys can resist when the ballerinas do a robot dance. I'm sure they will love this picture some day.


I don't know if the New York ballet is in her future or not, but for right now she's definitely my favorite ballerina.

1 comment:

grandmother said...

Looks like you have 3 dancers. Keep practicing kids. You are on a roll with your blog entries. I love reading about the Dickson Family p.s. I want that girl's hair.