Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

New Shoes

My guilt finally got to me a few days ago and I decided that even middle children need their own new shoes. It was my guilt and the fact that Reed's shoes had just about ripped in half that motivated the shoe purchase. To buy Reed new shoes again without getting some for Max would've just been wrong. I was feeling so generous in fact that I let Max pick out whatever shoes he wanted. I'm pretty sure "slime green" is his new favorite color.

As soon as the shoes arrived, Max tore into the box and put them on. He thought they were perfect.

The only part he didn't like is that I made him go outside to take his picture. He was very concerned about getting them dirty. He told me, "I'm still going to use my old shoes for playing outside. I'll call these my walking shoes."


Reed's shoes were pretty "hot" too. He replaced his old flame shoes with well... more flame shoes. He knows what he likes.


Ruby knows what she likes too. She was not about to let me takes pictures of the boys and not her. She even suggested that she jump from the step ladder while I take her picture (I think she's being watching her brothers?). She would jump off, run over to me, ask to see the picture and then say, "Awwww...it's not working."


Max and Reed have new shoes, Ruby is still glued to her backpack and I have one less thing to feel guilty about. Life is good.

2 comments:

grandmother said...

Reed and Max your shoes are pretty snazy. I think Ruby was trying to get the pose the masked heroes got.

Robyn said...

Your shoe posts make me laugh! The same thing happened to Elliot! Andrew actually had to run get Elliot new shoes minutes before they left for the father & sons campout on Friday. He's been telling me his feet hurt every time we leave the house, but we're always in such a rush I tell him he'll be okay! I'm pretty sure his new shoes were at least two sizes bigger than the ones he's been squeezing into! Poor middle boys! Love the new shoes Reed and Max!