Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Born to teach

If you ask Reed what he wants to be when he grows up, I don't think "teacher" on the list---but it should be. He's a natural at sharing information and was in heaven yesterday helping me with preschool.


Apparently the ABC's can be very gripping. He had them right where he wanted them.


He was so patient and encouraging as he oversaw everyone's work. It was funny to hear him use supportive phrases with intonation I recognized as my own.


My favorite might have been during snack-time when he used graham crackers to teach about factions. It was actually pretty effective considering our group of 2-5 year olds.


He certainly had the appropriate excitement level.


You can tell Reed has played Simon says more than a few times. He knew all of the tricks.




If Reed was born to teach, then Ruby was born to be a student--or at least born to wear a backpack. She found this backpack in the closet 3 days ago and it's been glued to her (including in her crib at night) ever since.


Thanks for all your help Reed. You made the perfect assistant.

2 comments:

grandmother said...

Reed, I think you are wonderful! Guess teaching is another of your talents.

grandmother said...

I meant to add that it makes sense that you would have that talent, since both your mom and dad have the talent to teach, too.