Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Reed's baptism



On April 7th Reed was baptized a member of the Church. It was such a wonderful day and one I had imagined for years. In my mind it was a little different, but on the actual day it was even better. I loved Reed's nervous excitement. I loved the expression on his face as he stepped into the water, the deep breath he drew before Sam began the prayer, but most of all I loved how ready he seemed to take this important step in his life. In the weeks before his baptism I could tell Reed was seriously considering the implications of what he was about to do. He had lots of questions and put a lot of thought into getting the answers he needed.

I can remember taking this same picture with my dad not so long ago.


It was almost surreal to be the "parents" at the baptism. In my mind we'd be different at this moment...(and be living in California), but in the end I think things were just the way should be.


We might not be living in California, but that doesn't mean we didn't have our family there for Reed's big day. I hope Reed knows how blessed he was to have so many family members there. This is quite an impressive group considering everyone came from out of state and most from across the country.


I love that our "nice" picture and our "crazy" picture are not that different. And yes that is my "crazy" face.


The Bywaters were super friends and cut their vacation in the Outer Banks short to be there. Reed is one loved kid.


I think the experience was everything Reed had hoped for and more. When I asked him how he felt after he was baptized he said he had a warm feeling inside. As wonderful as the whole day was, that's the feeling I hope he can keep with him and remember forever.

2 comments:

Monica said...

Congrats Reed! Such a HUGE step in life and so wonderful to have so many to share it with! ;o)

Lindsay- LOVE the new photo on the top of your blog!!

John Evelyn said...

I want to tell you Reed, how proud I am of you deciding to be baptised. I could tell that you knew the importance of what you were about to do and then did. You should read and look at this blog often. It will help you never forget how you felt that day. P.S. Have you see the video clip on LDS.org on Christ's baptism?