Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Before it's too too late...

Yes...I know Ruby was blessed almost two months ago, but if I never took pictures of her in her blessing dress I would be sad. I had to take pictures after the fact when Reed was blessed too. I never did get a picture of Max in his blessing clothes and now I regret it. I didn't want to make the same mistake again, so here little Miss Ruby in her blessing dress.


In addition to not taking pictures of my children on their blessing days I have also been pretty crummy about recording anything from their actual blessing. A very kind woman in our ward, Teresa Loveless, was thoughtful enough to take notes for me when Ruby was blessed. I fear I will lose the post-it note it is written on so I thought I would record what she was able to write down here in the most permanent record I have.

Ruby was told she was blessed to be born into a family of parents and brothers who love her, and that she came to a home that follows the principles of the gospel.

She was blessed with a thankful heart and kind spirit and a desire to learn the gospel and all about the world around her.

She was blessed with a desire to serve others, to have empathy towards others, and to have compassion and an ability to love others.

She was told to always follow the promptings of the Spirit and develop her spirituality. She was told that as she does so she will be blessed to lead a life that will be a light and an example to all those around her.

Finally, she was blessed to find and marry a worthy priesthood holder in the temple.

I wish I had this much detail about my boys' blessings. All I remember from Reed's is that he was blessed to be a leader in his home and among his peers.

The part of Max's blessing that stands out is that he was blessed with a strong body and should always be grateful for it. This was especially comforting to me with all of the concerns the pediatrician had expressed about his muscle tone, eating patterns, and growth.

Even at their young age I have begun to see the fulfillment of some of these blessings. I can hardly wait to see how Ruby's blessing expresses itself in her life.

3 comments:

Monica said...

Love the dress and headband! Did you make that one? Love it! :o)

Such a sweet blessing. Teresa wrote down notes for Jared's blessing for me too. She is so sweet like that!

grandmother said...

Oh, you just waited til she old enough to pose. :) So cute. Beautiful blessing Sam.

Robyn said...

Very sweet!!!