Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Guessing games

I hesitate to record this, because sometimes it drives me crazy, however I'm sure before I know it this phase will be over and I will miss it.

Reed is a funny little boy in so many ways. One of his quirky little things is that he constantly wants us to guess things. He wants us to guess what he drawing, what he is humming, what he has behind his back, what book he picked, what friend he played with at school, what he's thinking, and on and on. The funny thing though is that he never wants us to guess the right answer. When he hums a song and I guess correctly he usually says with frustration something like, "errrr..how did you know?" or "How are you so good?" Because his goal is to stump us, his guessing games have become more and more random and obscure. Tonight at dinner he asked Sam to watch him with his cup to his mouth and guess if he was drinking or not. I'm not sure what the joy is in having people guess the wrong answer again and again, but whatever it is Reed has found it. I can only hope this is a display of the inquisitive part of his personality and not a growing desire to always be right (I don't know where he'd get that?).

2 comments:

grandmother said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
grandmother said...

I think that is fun and cute.