Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patrick's Day/Crazy Hair day

For nearly a month Reed has been planning and looking forward to Crazy Hair Day/St. Patrick's Day at school. And for several weeks we have resisted the urge to cut his hair just to make today possible.



Apparently green mohawks come with an extra helping of attitude and lots of weird poses.



Max wasn't about to miss out on the festivities. When we were just about done with Reed's hair Reed said, "I'm kinda nervous." I assured him that he looked great. I think it made him feel better to see Max all decked out. However, it was my turn to be nervous when I dropped him off at school and didn't see a single person with crazy hair. I was a little worried, but when I met him at lunch and people were racing to sit with him I realized he was just fine.


Max loved checking himself out in the mirror. Every once in a while he would run to the bathroom, look at his reflection and say, "Yep--still perfect!"


After school we went to Walmart, where the boys were quite popular. Everyone from grandmas, to kids, and college boys told them how much they liked their hair. They both enjoyed the extra attention.


No mohawk for Ruby---though the boys did ask. Max thought it was mean to leave her out, but I think she's cute just like she is.

8 comments:

grandmother said...

That was cool hair. I didn't see anything that cool at school here in California. How did they take to the bath and haircut tonight? (Which I presume they got.)
Ruby is looking very cute these days.

Nancy said...

What a great mom these little mohawked leprechauns have! You go to all that trouble for a special day and document it as well and then share it with us. How fun!

Robyn said...

I like your green hair! You're silly! Love, Sophia

Robyn said...

I like your green hair it's funny and you're funny! Love, Oliver

Robyn said...

I like your green hair! Love, Elliot

Robyn said...

My kids can't stop looking at your super cool green mohawks! They keep asking if I can do their hair like that next year!! I bet you were the coolest boy at school Reed!:) Sophia, Oliver and Elliot all just asked if you can come to our house?! Love and miss you guys!

Monica said...

Ethan and Jared LOVED the hair Reed. They are jealous that their mom isn't as cool as yours to do your hair so cool. Great job Linds!

McKay said...

What? No green mohawk for Sam?! I'm beginning to question his manhood...