Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Housework Helper

Some of my favorite days (especially right now) are when we don't have anything we have to do or anywhere we have to go. Days like this are usually spent catching up on laundry and housework. Today was one of those days. I didn't get as much done as I would have liked, but with Max as my willing helper it was more fun than usual.

Today while helping me fold laundry (he is so proud that he knows how to fold) he was working on sorting the clothes into piles for he and Reed. When he got to the socks he got a little confused since Reed and Max have many of the same style of socks. He wasn't sure whose socks were whose so he spent the rest of the time trying on socks deciding which ones fit him best. It took him the rest of our laundry time to work it out and I'm pretty sure he ended up with more than his share of the socks, but it put a smile on my face to see him trying to figure it out.



Later while we were making dinner, I was having Max measure and mix some spices together. When I moved onto the next step in dinner Max took the opportunity to remove and organize all of my spices into groups based on the color of the lid. To his credit he did also put them back and I will now have no trouble finding the spice I need as long as I can remember what color lid it has.

1 comment:

grandmother said...

Thank you for recording/sharing. It made me laugh outloud.