Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Why is Max so sad?













If you guessed, "because you gave him applesauce on a plate instead of bowl." you'd be right. There are many things I missed out on before I had a little girl, but drama is not one of them.

Max was born with a very expressive face. Even without saying a word I can usually tell what Max is feeling. I think he gets that from me. I always tell Sam that I think I have an overly expressive face. I feel like people always think I am more stressed, more worried, more upset than I actually am and I usually blame it on the looks I must give.

He may have inherited some of this from me, but a lot of this is just who Max is and, minus the drama, I love it. Another good thing about Max is that while he can be very dramatic he can also move on to the next emotion pretty quickly. It is not unusual to hear him in the middle of crying just stop, wipe his eyes and say, "Never mind--I changed my mind," and have a big smile on his face.

In this case it only took him a minute to decide that plates are just fine for applesauce...



and in some ways they are better!

5 comments:

grandmother said...

"Never mind, I changed my mind," is so funny. I laughed out loud. So glad you are recording these things.

Whitney said...

I actually laughed out loud at that too. Max is very funny!

Jade Hill said...

I love your boys!! They are all so hilarious!! What is your email for blogger? I need to add you thanks!

Nancy said...

When these kids grow up and read this blog, they will say,"Boy, my mom really, really loved me!"

Ashley said...

Seriously...I need to make a 30 day goal to blog. I love that you're capturing all these little things about them. I feel like I know them a little better, which is so sad that I don't. Maybe you should move back to California with us...