Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Friday, March 12, 2010

Computer Kids

It's a fact that kids today are technologically gifted; however, it never ceases to amaze me. Today while I was changing Ruby's diaper I came back to find Max on my computer playing a game on pbskids.org. The only thing interesting about this is how a boy who cannot zip his coat up by himself can navigate the Internet. Apparently he clicked on Firefox to get to google and typed in "pbscis" (his best 3-year-old attempt at pbskids.org) clicked on the first suggested website and easily found the games link. My kids are really spoiled by not knowing a world without the Internet. Between Google and YouTube they think they can find just about anything (and they almost can). The other day Reed was trying to sing me a song that he had learned at school and he couldn't remember all of the words and he said, "Just look it up on YouTube". He was so annoyed when we couldn't find it. When I was a kid I couldn't imagine how life could be any more advanced...I mean we already had a color TV. I can't even begin imagine what their world will be like when they are grown.

2 comments:

grandmother said...

I'm really enjoying your daily entires, but the pictures really add a lot. I think you are becoming quite a good photographer.

Nancy said...

I agree. I look forward to your posts, your insights and your pictures. We may not let you relax when your month is up.