Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Maxo Waxo

Here are a few things about Max right now that I want to remember.

1. Maxo Waxo is Max's preferred name. I think it was my mom that first called him that when he was just a baby, but for whatever reason it's stuck and he loves it.


2. He loves, loves, loves to do "school work". He doesn't let a day go by without busting the work books out. He's always so proud of his work and puts his name on his paper "so people know that I did it, not Reed". I will miss it when he doesn't narrate the writing of his name. "up, down, up, down. (M) Up down, bridge across the river (A), slide down, slide down (X). " He also does not like to find his work book pages in the trash can the next day. "Who put this in here!! It's not trash!" I've heard more than once. I love his work, but I really can't keep it all.


3. His favorite things are dinosaurs, dogs, horses, and anything blue. He is nearly obsessed with all things blue. In fact he often refers to anything blue as himself. I bought some plastic Easter eggs today and he pointed to the blue ones and said, "that's me." and pointing to the yellow ones---"those are Reed". Watching the Olympics was a little trying for him too. Whenever the competitor in the blue uniform didn't win he would be upset because "he" didn't win.

Here is Max as a blue ninja.


4. He is a master sorter/organizer. From a very young age Max has been very color aware. (Very opposite of Reed who could pretty much read the names on the crayons before he cared enough to identify them.) He enjoys helping me organize things and is especially interested in color. Yesterday he got out all of my sewing fabric and insisted on putting each color group in a separate bag. Today he called me into Ruby's room to show me how he emptied Ruby's clothes from the cubbies to put he and Reed's ties in groups according to color.

Don't ask me why we have so many ties.


5. He says crazy things when he's sleeping/dreaming. Just today when he woke up from an impromptu nap in the car he was crying saying, "I can't find my other hand!" It actually took a few minutes for me to convince/awake him to the fact that he in fact still had two hands.


There are many more things I know I want to remember about my cute boy at this fun age of 3 (really a GREAT age for the most part), but this is already long enough and I still have 14 days left of daily posting so I'm sure I'll have more opportunities.

4 comments:

grandmother said...

Are you sure we only have 14 more daily postings? How long does it take? (I have no idea since I don't have a blog.) This is the highlight of my day. (Whit and Tracey should read this and maybe they would follow your example.) It seems to me the effort is worth the memories. You girls were always doing cute and I thought, memorable things, but, alas, only a few highlights can I recall. Keep it up and in years to come Everyone will be so ever greatful. Today's entry was priceless. Thirty years from now had you not recorded this, there is a very good chance that neither you nor Maxo Waxo will remember these things. Another thing, knowing that you are going to post, probably makes you become more aware of the blessings in your daily life. (I guess I could should have said all this on the phone, but by tomorrow I probably would have forgotten.)

Nancy said...

Ditto. I am trying to make myself make a similar commitment because of you, but I don't have cute little kid things to include. We love your blog this month!!

Lacey said...

I'm pretty sure none of us will let you stop your daily postings. I am loving it as well. I am just hoping that 30 days will form a habit.

Nancy said...

From Jen- loved learning about adorable Maxo Waxo. What a cutie!!!! I know so much about Reed it was really fun to get to know Max. By the way, I love all your blogs, and your kids are sooo cute I could eat them up, esp. cute little Ruby : )