Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Three Months

Ruby turned 3 months old yesterday. Three months is always a landmark I'm shooting for when I have a newborn. I just feel so much better at 3 months about everything. People often ask me if the boys were similar babies to Ruby and the honest answer is that I don't really remember a lot of the details. The first year turns into a blur for me. Here are some details about Ruby, so I don't forget everything.



At three months Ruby...

1. Sleeps for 5 hours at night. (Thanks to some good advice from my sister Tracey--thanks!)
2. Smiles easily at just about anyone who will smile and talk to her.
3. Coos, ooohs and sweetly shrieks---especially when her dad talks to her.
4. Spends most of her naps in the swing....I know it's not ideal, but we do what works.
5. Screams 95% of the time she spends in her car seat.
6. Eats every 2-3 hours during the day...or whenever I can't make her happy another way.
7. Will play under her little play gym happily for 20 minutes at a time.
8. Prefers to sleep on her side.
9. Doesn't love the pacifier, but is thrilled to suck on her hands and is dying to get her thumb.
10. Makes us SO happy just by being here.

6 comments:

Lacey said...

She is beautiful! I could eat her cheeks...

Lacey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robyn said...

Happy THREE months Ruby!

Monica said...

Super cute pics. I love the 3 Months shirt too. Did you make it?

grandmother said...

I am so sorry that I didn't keep records/journal on your and your sisters growing up years.I am so very happy you are and hope you will continue this through the years. I do remember that I always looked forward to the three month mark, too. I always thought that I would rather be pregnant 12 months and the baby be born like a 3 monther.

grandmother said...

the blood that flows through these vains.......