Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Snow day

It snowed again last night so this morning there was a two hour delay to the start of school. (See---NC snow is great...although Sam said this morning that he is officially over the snow.) I never mind having Reed home a little extra in the morning. It makes for a less chaotic start to the day and a good hour of playing in the snow for the boys. Unlike Sam, the boys have not gotten tired of the snow and were thrilled when they woke up. This morning their goal was to build a snow barricade to provide protection during a snowball fight. They spent about 45 minutes building the barricade and 5 minutes throwing snowballs.





When I was pregnant with Max I often prayed that Max would have a great love for his brother. So far it looks like my prayer was answered. They are the best of friends and 90% of the time they get along really well. At this point I think much of their easy relationship has to do with Max's willingness to do whatever Reed suggests. In fact I think Reed might have a little Tom Sawyer in him after observing some of the things he gets Max to do. Just today I heard Reed say with enthusiasm, "Max, you get to come flush the toilet for me!" The only thing that is more alarming is that Max came running to the bathroom, saying "I'm the flusher, I'm the flusher!" Reed has also convinced Max that it is pretty wonderful to sit beside him while he does his homework in the afternoon to hand him whatever color crayon Reed requests. Max finds great pride in his "job" and practically begs Reed to let him help every day. I'm sure Max will wise up one of these days, but for now I'm just grateful for two boys who love each other so much and I hope that never changes.





3 comments:

Robyn said...

Cute boys!!! Great memories!

Nancy said...

I love getting to know these boys better on this blog. Thank you so much, Lindsay.

grandmother said...

Max will wise up to Reed, when Max realizes he can get Ruby to do his bidding.