Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Spring is on its way

Today was the first warm and beautiful day since Ruby joined our family so I thought it would be the perfect time to use the self timer and get our first official family picture as a family of FIVE.


It was so great to be outside as a family today. I could use a little more of this 70 degree weather. I love how my boys can make a game out of anything. I remember playing with my sisters all the time, but the games these boys play are a little different then I remember.

They moved the slide from the play set over to the slope in the backyard along with a metal bucket so they could jump off the bucket and land on their bottoms and slide down. Apparently just sliding down the slide on the play set isn't thrilling enough. Having two boys has definitely forced me to learn how to worry less about potential injures. They had a great time and I am happy to report not even so much as a splinter from the activity.





Ruby loved the fresh air. It was the most of the outside world she has ever seen and she appeared to love it all.

5 comments:

grandmother said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
grandmother said...

Wish I could have been there to take the family fote. Hope Ruby keeps her dark hair like her mother. :) I can see that had I had boys, it would have required a mind adjustment and I think I would have had to give up my preference for white socks.

Robyn said...

What a beautiful family of five!!! You guys look so cute holding her, she's the perfect size! I love the slides!

Lacey said...

I can't wait for 70 degrees - we just broke 50 so we have a while, unfortunately. Your family is so cute. I am loving you blogging daily. Lindsay, I can't believe how much you look like your mom with your long hair. I hope we will see your family soon somehow. Keep blogging.

Monica said...

I agree, you do look so much like your mom with your long dark hair. Ruby looks so cute outside enjoying the fresh air! ;o)