Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Monday, March 15, 2010

More FHE fun

Mondays should be the easiest day for me to think of something I want to record. No matter how difficult my kids have been during the day they can usually make up for it during their portion of the FHE "lesson". I just love to see what they come up with to "teach" Sam and I. Sometimes it takes a little longer than we would like, but it's always very cute and it actually gives us a pretty good idea of what they understand.

Tonight Reed used dinosaur footprints to play a game where he gave us a situation to think about. If the person--I mean dinosaur-- made a good decision then he put the footprint in the direction of the dinosaur egg and if it was a bad decision he put it the other direction. If this sounds familiar, you probably read our post from FHE two weeks ago. He definitely has a style and sticks with it. Max's "lessons" are even more interesting and entertaining. This week he followed Reed's lesson and he played a strangely familiar game, with the only difference being that the dinosaur was trying to walk backwards to get away from the egg. He also has a style---"I can do whatever Reed does." I am happy to record that Sam and I scored perfectly in the game that had us considering situations like, "This dinosaur banged his brother on the head", "This dinosaur helped his mom" or "This dinosaur's brother was sad and he helped him feel better."

Here is Max happily presenting his lesson.


I know this picture is blurry, but I wanted to be sure I included reality in this record. This is what happens if Max thinks you are trying to cut his lesson short.


Thankfully he recovered quickly and was able to finish.

1 comment: