Dickson Family

Dickson Family

Friday, March 19, 2010

Sweet Ruby

Ruby is pretty great as far as I'm concerned. (I am her mother after all.) However, I've been a little frustrated that she wont take a pacifier. The pacifier is what always saved me--especially in the car with my boys. This week I decided to give the pacifier one more good effort and try a few other types. Amazingly enough, she has taken a liking to one (while in the car at least) and has stopped screaming every moment she is in there. She has also started to respond to singing in the car to help her calm down. I don't know how long it will last, but I feel so grateful for every day it does.

Someone asked me the other day if I noticed any major difference in personality between her and the boys yet. At the time I couldn't think of anything, but since then I've tried to be a little more aware and observant, and I really do think she has a certain extra sweetness to her that I don't remember before. This probably sounds crazy and I could be very well imagining it, but it seems like she wants to help me out and make me happy however she can. Regardless of whether she's trying or not she certainly does.

This afternoon she pleasantly laid there and let me enjoy taking a jillion pictures of her.










Tonight while we were cleaning up after an exhausting night with the boys Ruby hung out in her swing. She looked so sweet, happily sucking on her fingers that I could hardly stand it.

2 comments:

grandmother said...

Well I certainly hope there is a major difference in personality between her and her brothers. My favorite pic of her is when she is in the swing.

Nancy said...

The boy and girl personalities developed a little later in my kids. My girls were as animated as my boys and my boys were as sweet as my girls at this age. Ruby may very well be a mild little personality, but who knows yet.